super-high-level ‘what I do’
Accomplished information professional with 20+ years of diverse experience in global technology environments. Seasoned in building, growing, and leading high-performing digital asset management, enterprise content management and taxonomy teams and programs. Proven track record of collaborating globally across all organizational levels to evangelize programs and advance multiple concurrent complex initiatives. Hands-on team leader and executive influencer with excellent communication, collaboration, organization, analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
Digital Asset Management (DAM) + Creative Operations + Enterprise Content Management + Digital Transformation + Product Management + Program Management + Metadata & Taxonomy Strategy + Digital Transformation + Team Building & Training + Content Strategy + Vendor Selection & Management + Knowledge Management + Change Management + Organizational Structure Definitions + Public Speaking + Workplace Diversity & Inclusion
Global Director, Digital Asset Management, Novartis
Global product owner for digital asset management (DAM). Serve as core member of senior leadership team for content creation and management in a highly-regulated, complex pharmaceutical environment.
- Built & launched a new Aprimo DAM in 3 weeks in response to COVID-19
- Rolled out new enterprise DAM to 11 markets in 2020
- Defining DAM product strategy: functionality, roadmap & services
- Manage backlog in Jira & consult with vendor to prioritize new features
- Drive Agile product releases every 3 weeks
- Enterprise taxonomy owner & governance expert
- Own & evolve roadmap for DAM, including aggressive worldwide rollout through 2022
- Design organizational structure, recruit and develop globally-distributed DAM team
Manager, Browse Development & Taxonomy, Amazon.com
Seattle, WA, USA
Spearheaded global digital product and content strategies across all Amazon.com sites. Lead and mentored a 10-person global taxonomy team in supporting all content development strategies and continuous improvement initiatives. Set and guided global goals and standardization processes, owned departmental roadmaps, and developed innovative taxonomy workflows.
- Cultivated an atmosphere of high-quality and unique technical content and taxonomy development at all levels.
- Liaised between technical and business teams to define objectives and translate goals into actionable measures.
- Developed career path and growth opportunities for staff spanning junior and senior-level taxonomy roles.
- Mentored all staff in learning additional complex modeling and program management skills.
- Defining and directed a new worldwide organizational restructure, including creating new role descriptions, developing new reporting structures, and designing new tool processes and best practices.
- Served as the worldwide owner of Prime Video, Kindle, Audible, Digital Music, AppStore, and Alexa Skills taxonomies and content models.
Technical Program Manager; Senior Program Manager, Amazon Web Services
Seattle, WA, USA
As Senior Program Manager, Culture:
Advanced historic growth capabilities by researching company culture, creating and launching cultural growth and evolution
methodologies, and driving diversity and inclusion goals across a global company footprint.
- Authored numerous white papers and facilitated presentations across all internal audience levels.
As TPM, Security Assurance:
Created a robust program to drive new content, knowledge, and digital asset management systems and standards within Amazon Web Service’s Security Assurance. Led technical staff, including a technical writer, in continuously improving global documentation and content standards. Directed planning and execution of external events, including Grace Hopper ’16.
- Documented all process flows, managed vendor selection and relationships, and advanced overall efficiency.
- Managed the AWS Security blog editorial calendar for the department and served as an author and ghostwriter.
- Volunteered with Amazon Women in Engineering, WiSE, and other groups to increase tech workforce diversity.
Global Content Librarian, GlaxoSmithKline
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Director-level role as global product manager and business owner for the library platform; utilized Adobe CQ5/AEM to support all enterprise digital asset management and web content management for global multi-channel marketing.
- Directed numerous change management, process improvement, and Lean initiatives to further enhance footprints.
- Oversaw a large-scale metadata application and taxonomy model implementation.
- Developed documentation and online training materials to ensure alignment of staff knowledge across the globe.
- Analyzed overall usage, gathered requirements, and planned for future platform improvements.
Operations Manager/Technical Content Manager, Elsevier
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Managed operational readiness and technical content management initiatives for software releases and product updates to the content platform. Cultivated and grew vendor relationships and facilitated critical cross-functional communications.
- Created and delivered a diverse range of sales, marketing, and customer service training for a global workforce.
- Reviewed and triaged XML defects in collaboration with an external vendor to drive content pipeline improvement.
- Provided subject matter expertise to CMS and other enterprise development projects in an Agile environment.
- Directed web content management initiatives and editorial choices, managed a team of freelance STEM writers, and produced weekly eNewsletters and social media content.
- Managed eBook updates via offshore vendor.
- Increased web traffic by developing and implementing best practice social media engagement strategies.
Assistant Archivist, Drexel University College of Medicine
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Directed a large-scale digitization project while simultaneously managing digital assets and researcher reference services.
- Developed the Legacy Center’s social media strategy, editorial calendar, and overall content strategy.
- Planned and managed special archival and college events.
additional roles include…
Director of Web Design & Development, JTE Multimedia, Berwyn, PA (2010)
Senior Web Specialist, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA (2006 – 2007)
Web Production Editor, Nature Publishing Group, New York, NY (2003 – 2005)
Content Manager, New York City Department of Health, New York, NY (2002 – 2003)
e-Team Logistics Manager, Hewlett-Packard, Cupertino, CA (2001 – 2002)
Web Project Manager, Juniper Networks, Sunnyvale, CA (2001)
Web Production Manager, Women.com Networks, San Mateo, CA (1998 – 2001)
Web Developer, Time Out, London, UK (1996 – 1997)
MS in Library and Information Science
Palmer School of Library and Information Science
Long Island University, Brookville, NY, USA
Coursework in Knowledge Organization, Metadata, Archives, Cataloging, Rare Books & Special Collections
MA in Archaeology
University College London, London, UK
Dissertation on the trade of amber in the late bronze/early iron age in Northern Europe
BA in Archaeology
Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Rare Book School: The Printed Book in the West since 1800
Individual classes: Human-computer interaction, software engineering, database design, German for reading
bigger freelance gigs
Podcaster, Beer Ladies Podcast
Contributing editor, Hello Race Fans
Freelance beer history writer, Serious Eats Drinks
Blogger, New York Times, TheRail
Co-organizer, designer & webmaster, THATCamp Austin
Archaeologist, Ashkelon Excavations
2017 DAM Salary Survey, DAM Foundation, September 4, 2018
‘Why Your Tech Company Needs an Archaeologist to Fix Your Corporate Culture,’ Hackernoon, April 24, 2017
‘DAM Expands Its Reach in the Enterprise,’ CMS Wire, September 21,2016
‘Librarian Tips for DAM Managers: Standards and Metadata,’ DAM Guru, May 7, 2015
‘Beer Mythbusting: The Truth About Pilgrims, Adjuncts, and Prohibition,’ Serious Eats, November 12, 2012
‘The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Trainer?’ The New York Times, October 28, 2010
More published work: Contently Portfolio